Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Doug Rose Word Up


I ran across this article a while ago on Doug Rose's website and more or less forgot it. Its a worthwhile read though so I thought I would pass it along. In recent years the Peninsula has seen a huge influx of "flyfishing" guides fishing almost exclusively with indicators out of the boat. In this post Doug takes a good, nonpartisan look at what he personally defines as flyfishing for steelhead. Rather than bashing bobber fishers Doug focuses on the reasons why people historically chose to fly fish and how growing interest in flyfishing has led to some changes in the culture of the sport and the expectations that anglers have for a day of steelhead fly fishing. check it out here:

http://dougroseflyfishing.com/blog/?p=225

1 comment:

  1. Is there a way I could get a picture of what I think may be Lily checking out the steelhead? Who are you? Thank you for continuing Doug's voice in fly fishihng.

    ReplyDelete